How Will Geofencing In Tallahassee Integrate With Home Security?
Modern home security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to complete easy security tasks like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Tallahassee, you can just leave the house and have your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Tallahassee For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can draw a unique boundary around your house and program what actions you want to take place if you cross the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you exit your property, you could set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are some of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Tallahassee. With the mobile app, you can reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your security camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with the right light and HVAC settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to arm the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Tallahassee
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (850) 347-8092 or submit the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.