Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Tallahassee?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Tallahassee? As a general rule, you should consider three primary areas of the home for camera installations: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Even though your installation team can suggest where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near the front door. You can also count delivery bandits among other risks to consider. A doorbell camera is able to tackle these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to converse with all guests who walk up and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with 2-way talk and live video and appear to be at home. Then if a person attempts something nefarious, you will have your camera instantly record a clip and transmit it to your smartphone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Tallahassee house allow for an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two sections of your yard.
- Right under an overhang or straight into a length of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for security cameras as they will be partially concealed by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a back porch or back door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the sidewalk.
For each installation, make sure you trim away any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Tallahassee. That same versatility does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the sunlight that enters via a window can cast a glare on your video recording. Direct the lens away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras where kids and your furry friends have no ability to mess with them. You could try mounting or another means of securing them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best security camera won’t do much good if you have a decorative item or plant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to hide your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your entire property -- protecting every inch. Dial (850) 347-8092 or complete the following form to get started.